Wicked Wednesdays: 11th Jan 2023
Welcome to Wicked Wednesdays, our look at some of your highlights from the previous week in the world of motorsport.
We’re aiming to showcase not only some of the best builds featuring a Link ECU, but we will also share your trips to the track and other motorsport related stuff.
First up, we’ve got a SR20 powered Nissan 180sx, currently being worked on by Robert Horsfall from Queensland, Australia.
Running at 260Kw @ 17psi on E85 fuel, the car is currently being used by Robert for Time Attack, Sprints, Hill Climbs, as well as other events.
The engine in this thing is anything but standard, with a ported head, CP Pistons, Kelford Camshafts and Valve Springs, along with a Garrett GTX Gen2 2867 Turbo bolted on for good measure.
All of this is being controlled with a Link G4+ Plug-in ECU.
Here’s a full-spec list for those of you interested:
Engine and power
- SR20 260Kw @ 17psi E85
- CP piston 86.5mm
- Spool Rods
- Balanced & grub screwed crank
- Ported head
- Kelford Cams 188a and Valve springs
- ATI balancer
- 5-0 ignite trigger kit
- ARP studs and bolts
- Metal head gasket
- Stock exhaust manifold ported
- Garrett GTX Gen2 2867 w/Turbosmart iwg75
- 3-inch exhaust
- 1350cc injectors
- Aeroflow fuel regulator
- TI/Walbro 460L fuel pump
- Link G4+ Plug-in ECU
- IAT sensor
- Oil Pressure & temp
- Fuel Pressure & Temp
- Ethanol sensor
- Boost solenoid
- DI’s wired for boost level and Logging
- Techedge 2j2 Wideband
- S14 5 speed gearbox
- NPC RB Heavy duty conversion clutch
- 4.3 diff ratio
- Nismo centre
- 5-bolt axles
Wheels & tyres
- Nissan R33 GTR 17x9 + 30
- 255/40/17 Advan A050
Suspension, Steering & Brakes
- S15 5-stud
- Urethane bushes
- MCA RED Coilovers
- Whiteline sway bars
- Kazama rear camber, toe & traction arms
- GKTech Castor Arms
- GKTech weld-in Gusset Kits
- GKTech Steering Rack Bushes
- GKTech BMC Stopper kit
- R33 Brake Calliper upgrade
- BM57 BMC
- Elig Race Pads front, street pads rear
- HEL Braided Lines
- Cobra Suzuka seat
- 5-point harness
- AGI Half cage
- PowerTune dash
- Works Bell quick release
- Keys Racing suede wheel
- Kmak Rocket bunny front bar
- Kmak Rocket bunny side skirts
- Kmak Rocket bunny rear bar
- Kmak Rocket bunny +25mm front guards
- Type X wing
- Seam Welded
- Kelway tubs
- Inlet ducting for Intercooler, Radiator and Oil Cooler
- FMIC Intercooler
- Turbosmart Blow Off Valve
- Taarks Oil Block
- 25 row oil cooler
Robert was kind enough to share a video with us of the car in action.
Next up, we’ve got a K-swapped Honda Civic from Henry Mulrain in Florida, USA.
This car is still in the process of being worked on, but Henry has big plans for it, including competing in Autocross and Time Attack events.
This is no ordinary Civic! Along with the engine swap, this beast has had a plethora of upgrades.
- Hashport EKK k swap mounts
- RSX Type S oil pump conversion
- Injector dynamics 1050cc injectors
- Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator with full PFTE line and fittings front to rear
- Running on E85
- Aeromotive 340 fuel pump
- BLOX 72mm throttle body
- Hondata 4bar map sensor
- PLM billet swivel neck thermostat housing
- Mishimoto half size radiator with mishimoto 12in electric fan
- Running water wetter in cooling system
- HYBRID racing silicone k swap radiator hoses
- Spectre cold air filter
- Skunk2 alpha headers with 2.5in exhaust all the way back
Engine management & Comms
- RSX Type-S custom engine harness (2002-04)
- Link G4X HC20X Plug-in ECU
- Link CAN Lambda Wideband Controller
- K-Tune K swap conversion harness
- RSX Type S 6 speed trans (2002) non lsd
- Clutch masters 6 puck Clutch and pressure plate
- OEM slave cylinder and Clutch master
- HYBRID racing k swap shifter cable cables
- OEM Rsx type S 6 speed shifter
- Trans is running OEM honda manual trans fluid
- Insane shaft 500hp rated k swap axles
- EG/DC subframe
- Integra 24mm front sway bar
- ENERGY suspension bushings in lower control arms and sway bar
- Manual steering rack
- Skunk2 street upper adjustable control arms
- BLOX racing roll centering ball joints
- BLOX racing 32-way adjustable coilovers
- Skunk2 rear camber kit
- Rear brake disc conversion
- ENERGY suspension rear trailing arm bushings
- Skunk2 alpha lower control arms while spherical bushing
Henry is hoping once all his upgrades are complete, he will achieve 225-230BHP on the dyno. We hope you hit those figures Henry!!
Did you know that we recently won an award at PRI for our newest product, the Voodoo Pro ECU?
Our announcement of the new G5 platform and the product preview at the show made a big impact on the performance industry. The judges at PRI named the Voodoo Pro best in class in the Featured Product Awards.
The unit, which will be released in the first quarter of 2023, will come with 24 injection/ignition channels, Gasoline Direct Injection control, dual onboard E-throttle and Lambda, built-in GPS, plus much more.
This will also be the first product to be released on our new G5 platform. To keep updated on this, and all of our newest products, sign-up to our newsletter Exhilarate, for the latest news and updates.
Finally, here’s a quick look at some of the other things you have been submitting to us. Don’t forget, if you’d like to have your car featured, if there’s a motorsport event you’ve attended or worked at, or any other motorsport related things and you want to share it with the world, send your stuff through to [email protected]
James Webb has been having some fun at Meremere Dragway, with his 1JZGE powered Toyota Progrès.
Ben Fletcher has been busy building a shed to house and work on his cars.
Niven Chetty has got his Evo 5 running on a Link ECU.
And Thomas Fogg has been busy building his Volvo 940 drift car, which is running a Link G4+ Monsoon ECU.
Thanks for reading. We’ll be back next week with more of your content!