This 2008 Proton Satria Neo was sent to us by its owner Raedi Yusof from Malaysia.
This car, which was formerly his daily driver, has previously seen some track days and fun drives around the country. His goal was to build a car that performed better than a stock version yet runs smooth and reliably.
Originally coming with a 1.6L Proton Campro engine, it was swapped out and replaced with a re-built Mitsubishi DOHC 4G93 1.8L, which then had a 4G92 Mivec head swap. As a result, it is now running at a healthy 170HP@20kgNm at the wheels.
The car was previously controlled by a Link G4+ Storm, but is now running a more modern Link G4X Fury ECU.
The car was built and continues to be maintained by Fatboy Racing Malaysia and is tuned by RNR Autosport.
Here’s a few specs of the car:
- Mitsubishi 4g93 1.8L bottom
- 4G92 Mivec cylinder head swap
- Stock built engine
- Mivec RS headers, custom 2.5" straight exhaust
- Mitsubishi Mivec 4G92 close ratio gearbox
- Mechanical power steering delete, running an Astra hydroelectric pump
- Penrite fluids
- Currently running G4X Fury. (Previously on G4+ Storm black)
- Full engine harness rewired, sleeved, with DTM connectors
- Full sensor package. (Including Wideband O2, knock, oil/fuel press and temp)
- Drive by wire using a Nissan 350Z throttle body
- Ecu A/C control and cluster controlled by CAN through the Fury
- Mitsubishi Evo 3 brake calliper and rotors
- 15" Proton R3 wheels wrapped in 195/55/15 Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R
- BC Racing Coilovers